[gameprogrammer] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Florian Hufsky <fhufsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:28:47 +0200

hi,

dunno if there's a devcpp lib for net2, but my way of finding one is:

www.libsdl.org -> libraries-> net2
which brings me to
http://gameprogrammer.com/net2/net2-0.html

there we get the net2 source http://gameprogrammer.com/net2/net2.zip

and at this point you can build your own dll/whatever you want.
of course you also need sdl_net.

btw: for devcpp you have to use the win mingw32 dev packages of sdl.
hope that helps
http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-devel-1.2.7-mingw32.tar.gz
hmm... no mingw32 thing here for sdl_net
gotta rebuild your own from the source
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_net/release/SDL_net-1.2.5.zip

i don't exactly know how this works, but i guess you just have to
compile a dll with devcpp (1 using the sdl_net and 1 using the net2
source) and devcpp also creates a .lib for you.

hope that helped. if you have further questions just ask.

bye, florian