[gameprogrammer] Re: Welcome new members!

  • From: Peter Harkins <ph@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Gameprogrammer <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:36:31 -0600

Excerpts from Bob Pendleton's message of Sun Nov 14 17:09:24 -0600 2010:
> As always I want to ask each of you to post a question or an
> introduction. My assumption is that you joined the list to either
> learn, or to help other people learn.

Howdy. I didn't know there was an intro policy - actually, I couldn't
find any current archives or description of the list. Matthew Weigel
mentioned it, though, when I rambled* about cloud computing a few days
ago and I was curious to see what the list was about.

I'm a web developer and working to launch my first online games, I have
experience with front-end (HTML, JS, more CSS bugs than I could even
catalog) and back-end (PHP, Django, Rails, SQL dbs, NoSQL dbs,
deployment, sysadmin) work. No professional experience in the games
industry, though. I'm happy to contribute when I can.

* http://push.cx/2010/investing-in-cloud-computing

--
Peter Harkins  -  http://push.cx  -  http://NearbyGamers.com