[FMO] Re: Stardust@home experiences

  • From: standcmr@xxxxxxx
  • To: fmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:37:20 -0400

Tony,

I had the same feeling about those images that StarDust said I clicked ... but
I think it was not because of "looking too soon".  StarDust has a clever
innovation (at least I haven't seen it done with online apps before) whereby it
preloads the next movie while you check the current movie.  With broadband, you
gotta be really fast to get ahead of the preload! (With dial-up, of course, you
gotta be patient all the time!)

The loading progress bar (upper right) tells the story about when the current
movie and the next movie are ready for analysis.  That seems to work well.

Stan