[FMO] Stardust@home experiences

  • From: "Matson, Robert" <ROBERT.D.MATSON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: fmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:39:03 -0700

Hi All,

Well, just finished a much longer session, almost reaching movie #100 (+30
calibration movies) before getting bumped.  I noticed the ranking pool
(1625) never increases, which seems unlikely unless they actually limited
it to this many initial users.

My ranking was bouncing around #12-14 when somehow I missed a "donut"
in one of the test movies, which immediately bumped me to #26.  Haven't
missed one since, but I notice the ranking still sometimes ticks higher.
Guess that means that some people are reviewing images faster than I
am.

I have noticed a few oddities in the movies.  Sometimes a phantom frame
will appear in the movie sequence -- usually this is a frame from a
different
movie, but occasionally it's someone's photograph!  I got a black & white
image of a young Asian couple's wedding reception, a color car ad for
some blue sedan (very pixelated), and a color image of four young ladies --
probably from the same wedding.  Amusing bug!  --Rob