[FMO] Re: Stardust@home experiences

  • From: standcmr@xxxxxxx
  • To: fmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:50:41 -0400

Only about 25 images reviewed here, so far, with one trail found in the "real"
images. :)

On the "definitions" page
(http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/definitions.php), the definition of
"Number of Agreements" strongly implies that each image will be reviewed by
multiple folks.

For most of the day, I've either been unable to connect to the server or the
page "Due to the unexpected large volume of traffic, our website might be slow
or non-responsive. If you are receiving this message, please try again at a
later time." is displayed.  Dunno if they are saying that the server is shut or
if it is being throttled down by limiting number of logins.

Two Questions about focus:

1,  At times the focus control seems slow to respond ... is this common? Or
should I be looking to update my Java?

2.  One image appeared to have focus on surface at almost the bottom of the
focus bar, allowing none of the "below surface" detail to be viewed.  I marked
it with the "bad focus" button.  Anybody have better idea on that?

Stan