[FMO] Re: Stardust@home experiences

  • From: standcmr@xxxxxxx
  • To: fmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 14:58:30 -0400

Re slow-acting focus control ... there is a note in the Tech FAQ that helped me
resolve it at this end ... Focuser went from "variably responsive" to "very
responsive" with the setting change.  Responsiveness of the focus control
should NOT be affected by network speed ... unless the internet setting is
incorrect and the browser is forced to ask about each frame as it tries to
flash it up on the screen.

I would sure like to be able to review the 7 calib movies that I marked as "no
tracks" but they said did have tracks.  I'm pretty consciencious about looking
at each image carefully, and 6 of the 7 were, I thought, firm decisions.  So, I
must have some systemmatic error that in keeping my "sensitivity" measure down
around 80%.  Hmmm ... which means I must learn more.  I did 100% on the
original test Tuesday and repeated the tutorial Wednesday when my "sensitivity"
measure dropped.  It didn't help, except to suggest that I might be missing
some very faint tracks.  Maybe I need to put this up on a brighter monitor ...
this old monitor is running as bright as it will go, and still many of the
movies look pretty dim.  Hmmm... I've got a nice flat screen TV sitting next to
the computer monitor and the instruction on the TV said it will work as a
monitor.  But, then, I'd have to find another way to follow the ball game!

I'd also like to see 'em loosen up the timeout for auto-logout ... Not even
enough time to run to the kitchen, pour a cup of coffee, and run back and then
to a good review of the movie!  (At least that is what I think is happening.)

Stan