[elky] Re: wireless router

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 11:15:04 -0500

I just dropped DirecTV for Comcast.  We like Tivo and although DirecTV
finally released a new HD Tivo it didn't have all the features of the
regular Tivos.  It is all expensive... and it only took 3 M-cards from
Comcast to get one that worked...

Cable internet speed is incredible.

Any wireless router will work these days, its just how easy is it to set up
and is it reliable.  A known good router is nice if you have to
troubleshoot, there are support, forums, etc.  I upgraded to an Asus router
this summer, it was expensive considering the router it replaced was $9
after rebate.  Had to get a good one since the wireless is used for my
business and when the wife works from home.

Frank take a look at the reviews over at Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Wireless-Routers/SubCategory/ID-145