[elky] Re: wireless router

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 08:42:16 -0600

               Also you can ditch your router from the company all
together. There are lots available for DSL that have wired and wireless and
they finally started selling one for cable a few years ago but last I
checked there was still only one on the market. Basically you buy a router
then call your provider and give them the mac address on the unit and they
will enter that into their system. Then you can give back the one you were
renting and not pay for it anymore. If you have charter make sure to hound
them for a return package with a shipping label. If you don't ask they will
just tell you to ship it back to St Louis on your dime as you cannot give
it to a charter guy or drop it off at their office.

                      Robert Adams