[elky] Re: wireless router

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 08:05:19 -0600

That depends on your system. If you have cable, there is probably a tap on
the back of it to plug in a router. Check the documentation. You can plug
the model number and brand in to google and see where to plug it in if you
find a PDF for your router.

My router from AT&T has the wireless built in. If you see an antennae
.......... (see above)

Sometimes, you have to get a reverse wired cable to connect the 2 routers,
so look for instructions on that too. The wireless usually has wired ports
for stuff. You will log in to the router to set things just like going to a
web page, only with numbers. (192.168.1.1 or something)

I hate network stuff, but you can figure it out if you take a logical
approach and don't let it beat you up.

Ho Ho Ho!
JC