[elky] Re: Car Show today.

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:39:58 -0600

More great stuff. I see that ghetto Lincoln Zephyr was back. I can think of a dozen different ways to do that car...and they're all better than the black/purple with bling wheels. Maybe you otta suggest some Spreewells (the rotating hubcaps) to the owner along with a coupla fart can mufflers. Just for the hell of it, does it still have the V12? If not, I wunner where it went. On the off chance that it's still in his garage (I bet it isn't, I bet the owner bought the car that way from a rod factory) ya might wanna see if you can take it off his hands. Or let me know and I'll see if my friend in Huntley is interested. It'd make an ossum motor for Rufus...if I ever get him back.

John, I sure enjoy your car show coverage.  Great work.

On 7/19/2011 9:00 PM, John Christensen wrote:
Met some cool people today at the car show. Made friends with the guy who had the old green Chevy pick up across the street from me. He had a little overheating when he arrived. We talked about solutions for his hole in the radiator situation.

One guy in the light blue GTO really liked the Elky. We were standing in front of it talking when a dude in a 57 Chevy came in, he stopped him, and said he had some parts for him. Didn't know his name, but saw him a few weeks ago, and they were talking. The GTO guy was carrying the rubber parts the 57 owner needed, so if he saw him he could give them to him. Neither knew the others name, but they were helping each other with their cars. Is that cool or what?

It's what brings us all together here too. (for the most part) I need a tissue ....... just kidding

Now that the group hug is over..... I worked the downtown car show for the Car Club again tonight. They only sold $110 in the 50/50 raffle to benefit the car club tonight. It was slower than last week because of the heat. The winner donated the money back to the kids! That was very cool.

Go to the Events page <http://www.myelcamino.net/events.htm> on my web site for pictures. Best of show was the 1957 Turnpike Cruiser that showed up again. I do not know who best of show was last week, but those pics are on there too. For the camera guys, I used the pocket Nikon Coolpix 2.1 MP pocket camera today, instead of the Canon Rebel XT that I had the week before. Just didn't want to carry the other around in the heat. This one can go in the pocket. No hot wide shoulder strap. It was nearly 100, but cooled off to 90 something before the end.

See ya,
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net <http://www.myelcamino.net/>