[elky] Re: Car Show today

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 06:56:47 -0500

He got it fixed. That is a very small (picture of a ) deer :0

It was hammered before. The hood, grille and fenders were toast. I don't
think it got the windshield, but that would be a miracle.

Cool pic of the nailhead. The Vega with the Strombergs had "Stromburgs Rule"
engraved on the valve covers. That was pretty cool, I will have to modify
the picture (washed out exposure). That car was leaving about the same time
as I was, and sounded really smooth for all those carbs. It is tough to sync
those things.

I had 3 side draft SU carbs on my 1963 Jag. Thankfully, I never had to touch
them. I just realized I don't have any pictures of that car online. I'll
have to scan some. It was a 1963 Mk X. Same running gear and suspension as
the E-Type (Series 1), but a Saloon car. Really the first design that looked
like an XJ6, only huge. 6'4" wide and over 14' long. As I understand, at the
time, it was the widest production car ever built. I bought it for $500,
drove it 185 miles, and sold it for $1000. It needed more work than I could
afford to do to it.

JC