[elky] Re: Car Show today

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 15:19:11 -0700

ohh.  guess I'll never be a brit.  Can't speak the language.

No, the water wasn't very good in colonial America. And the taxes on stuff from England were high, so the colonists made their own. It is said our colonial army had better liquor than the brits ("lobster backs") and were able to drink the poor brits under the table, thus making for several victories. Funny how we never think twice about names like BrandyWine or Kill Devil Hills, but those are slang for the colonists No. 1 product. the early history of America seems to have come in a barrel.

Mary

Saloon is Brit for sedan.  Nothing to do with drinking establishments.

They made their own water???

On 9/9/2010 9:38 AM, Mary McCarthy wrote:
did you mean 'salon' or 'saloon'.  Slight difference.