[elky] Re: Car Show today

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 23:37:34 -0600

Very nice! Very well-composed and framed shots. I really liked the flag shots. There were several cars that ALMOST made it to koolsville...but not quite. The Model A with the bling wheels and the 37 Ford flatbed VW wannabe...if the builder had used 37-40 headlights, it would have worked...but the inverted round pegs in square holes kills it.

The 4-dr Chebby rat with the updraft carb is really kool.

Good stuff, man.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

On 9/4/2010 8:42 PM, John Christensen wrote:
It was an absolutely beautiful day. I spent it (for the most part) with my Friend Bob Christ and his son David.

The show was on a beautiful farm in Elburn, IL. The highlight was that everyone was encouraged to do a burnout on the road as they left. Because it was put on by the Sheriff, it was cool, and there was a car blocking the road from one direction to enable the process. There was a crowd at the corner yelling at me to light 'em up, and no one else was doing it in my little group with their fancy show cars, so I let 'er rip. What fun.

Put on your bibs... (for the drool) it's muscle car heaven in the corn field.

See the pictures here: http://www.myelcamino.net/events.htm and click the link at the top.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net <http://www.myelcamino.net/>