[elky] Re: Car Show today

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 08:38:06 -0700

did you mean 'salon' or 'saloon'.  Slight difference.

I am reading the coolest book - Saloons of the Old West. Apparently our founding fathers were hammered, too. Didn't drink the water and made their own to avoid taxes.

Mary

I had 3 side draft SU carbs on my 1963 Jag. Thankfully, I never had to touch them. I just realized I don't have any pictures of that car online. I'll have to scan some. It was a 1963 Mk X. Same running gear and suspension as the E-Type (Series 1), but a Saloon car. Really the first design that looked like an XJ6, only huge. 6'4" wide and over 14' long. As I understand, at the time, it was the widest production car ever built. I bought it for $500, drove it 185 miles, and sold it for $1000. It needed more work than I could afford to do to it.

JC

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    you got some nice pics there.  That must have been a very small
    deer. Usually it's the whole front end gets wiped out.

    I see your 6 2's and attach 6 2's on a nailhead.

        See the pictures here: http://www.myelcamino.net/events.htm
        and click the link at the top.

    \