[elky] Re: Car Show today

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:03:44 -0600

Oh, man! If I did a series of pages listing all my old cars, it'd be about the size of Wikipedia. But there's a list of my previous projects from about 97 on:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/projects.html

When I was in Europe I had a Mercedes 300L (huge 4-dr sedan that blew its motor shortly after a buddy and I bought it as a shared deal), a Peugeot 404, several VWs...and there was something else. Can't remember. Had a couple of motorcycles while I was stationed in Texas...and the list could go on, and on, and on....Ohh...there were a few Datsuns, a Sunbeam Alpine (all hail Lucas, Prince of Darkness), a Bugeye Sprite and more VWs. I won't mention the thing with the blue oval that I bought new in 78.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

On 9/9/2010 8:15 PM, John Christensen wrote:
I like where this thread is going.

Here is the link to the old Jaguar. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the motor. I probably have one, just not in the "car album" I pulled off the shelf tonight. http://www.myelcamino.net/jag.htm You can see all the old projects from this page: http://www.myelcamino.net/oldcars.htm

Add about 6 inches to that waistline on the young feller with the red T shirt.

JC

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 6:50 PM, <STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx <mailto:STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Johnny apple seed
    Smoky Mt. Frank
    In a message dated 9/9/2010 7:19:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
    printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

        yes, apples were not native to the colonies.  They were
        planted to provide apple jack.
                             Cider was a pretty popular drink with
        everyone back then. Course now we'd all like a still so we
        could fuel our cars. Prob is it'd cost more to make a gallon
        of alky than just buying gasoline.