[bksvol-discuss] Re: Stripping headers

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 00:24:19 -0500

Hi Mayrie,

This is just one of those things that goes to show that there is often more
than one way of doing something. I always remove any extra spaces throughout
the book before trying to strip headers because, in those cases where there are
spaces associated with the headers instead of tabs, I have found that the
amount of white space between headers and page numbers--if present--can vary
quite a bit; which makes using a search and replace to remove headers work only
partially. Then, you gotta do it again for the next set of headers that have a
different amount of space, etc. Since this method works for you, I imagine you
have some way of dealing with it? Hopefully, nothing that's sitting right under
my nose, so to speak, such as a menu setting I've never paid attention to or
something like that? <smile>

Evan