[bksvol-discuss] Re: Stripping headers

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:27:57 -0500

Thanks, Jamie. I have suggested this before. Oftentimes, there is a tab after
the header and before the page number on the right page, and a tab before the
header and after the page number on the left page. I have used this technique
of removing headers with their associated tabs to eliminate thousands of
headers without fear of removing text that I shouldn't.

It is also true, as you say, that search and replace should always be used with
care.

Evan