[bksvol-discuss] Re: Stripping headers

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:39:48 -0500

Hi Jamie,

I have created margins to eliminate headers before. But I do it only when the
page number is at the bottom of the page. The reason is that if I miss a
page--or two pages if I'm scanning in two-page mode--How would I find the
missing pages? It may perhaps be very easy with sight to flip through the book
and compare with the text on the screen and quickly find what's missing. But
for someone without sight, even someone such as myself who has an Optacon, I
think that would be a painful and time-consuming process in a book with a few
hundred pages. I suppose I could stop every ten or twenty pages or so and make
sure I haven't missed any. But that would defeat the convenience of being able
to scan many pages without touching the keyboard, as I can do with K1000. So,
if the page numbers are at the tops of pages, I prefer to not marginalize the
headers out of the scan and eliminate them with a few judicious search and
replace operations, if I can, or take them out manually, if I must..

Evan