[arachne] Re: Backspace/History Hotkey Doesn't Work

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 06:18:48 +1030

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:19:44 -5000, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

> Hi Greg M.,
>        Yes, if you run Arachne from a call
> from a custom batch file, then an ALT-X will
> trigger your custom batch file.  That is why
> ALT-E is necessary. ALT-E doesn't trigger the
> batch file that Arachne is called from. I never
> suggested that one should use ALT-X instead of
> ALT-E.  I was just trying to point out their
> similarities.  I was not discussing their
> differences. I am sorry if I was misunderstood.
> That's one of the problems with these lists,
> it's often hard to convey one's exact thoughts
> or intentions. <ggg>

My apologies.

I thought you (or possibly someone else -- I haven't kept the old
messages) were saying that they were identical and that it was
unnecessary to have two separate commands doing the same thing.

I agree there are a lot of similarities, but as you have so clearly said
above, there are some small but significant differences.

I think we agree on all points.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v