[arachne] Re: Backspace/History Hotkey Doesn't Work

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <sernemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:05:00 -5000

Greg,
      Your playing a game of symantics with
me concerning ALT-E and ALT-X. The fact is
that either command removes Arachne from
memory. If you doubt me, then try this
experiment.
1. Start Arachne and connect.
2. ALT-E and then at the prompt enter: mem /c > memshl
3. Return to Arachne with EXIT.
4. ALT-X and then at the prompt enter: mem /c > memwax
5. Compare memwax and memshl and you will see that the
only difference is the command.com loaded for ALT-E in memshl.
6. Arachne is not loaded in either case. Arachne is
restarted in both cases when returned to Arachne.
7. The only difference is when returned by EXIT
Arachne is reloaded by an internally generated
batch file which enters arachne-ENTER while
after ALT-X, Arachne is returned by a manually
entered arachne-ENTER.
8. So in both cases a manually entered command
re-starts Arachne. In one case EXIT restarts her
and in the other case arachne restarts her.

Eric

-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/