[arachne] Re: Backspace/History Hotkey Doesn't Work

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:01:44 -0500

Right Greg M.,
               These behaviors were what I was referring
to when I said I was confussled.  I think I understand
what the usage of the term homepage is when referring
to a page called by a button in a browser. But, what
any particular browser user wants when returning from
an ALT-E or an ALT-X with or without being connected
online is the confuzzling part. As you see, as I said
earlier, it is my understanding that with default settings
the dialer page is supposed to come up when you first
start Arachne and you are offline. It doesn't in my
setup because I customized it, and after ten years
I tend to forget on occasion what I have customized
and what I have not. I'm sorry about the Desktop
referrence, I thought I was using a default setting
for homepage and when I pressed my ALT-F1 the
Desktop came up. Of course, F10 will also bring up
the Desktop. Since I have been using Arachne for
ten years now, I often don't pay that close attention
to the way things are working, unless something I
want doesn't work. I have reflex reaction to some
anomalies and get where I want to go without much
thought. So, I have to do serious checking sometimes
to find out if after 10 yrs. of using Arachne whether
something is default or something that I have
conjured up. So, thank you, if I slip and make
a mistake, please correct me.
     I don't really know what was happening when
Lester didn't get Homepage when he expected it.
I was just giving him an option for retrieving
homepage when it seemed to be lost or didn't
show up when he expected it to. And it only
cost a simple double keystroke.

Eric

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:18:19 +1030, Greg Mayman wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:47:14, Bastiaan Edelman, PA3FFZ wrote:

>> Indeed D:\arc\ is not in use here but I had similar problems by not
>> using the standard d:\arachne since I have more arachne distributions
>> than drives. 1.61 is E:\arachne but 1.71 is E:\171\ also 1.83 to
D:\183\