[arachne] Re: Backspace/History Hotkey Doesn't Work

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:09:09 -0500

Hi Greg M.,
                         Below is what I wrote that
started this whole discussion about ALT-E
and ALT-X.

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:01:44 -0500 "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Right Greg M.,
>                These behaviors were what I was referring
> to when I said I was confussled.  I think I understand
> what the usage of the term homepage is when referring
> to a page called by a button in a browser. But, what
> any particular browser user wants when returning from
Here......
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> an ALT-E or an ALT-X with or without being connected
> online is the confuzzling part. >snip<

> Eric

Greg, didn't like my use of the terminalogy, "returning from"
an ALT-X.    I guess he wants me to use the term "start" or
"restart instead".    It 's strictly a matter of semantics.
I never said the two actions of ALT-X and ALT-E were the
same.....I said that:
1. I return from an ALT-X
2. I return from an ALT-E

As we all know, a different command is required
to restart Arachne after an ALT-E than after an
ALT-X. I think we all agree on that...so...let's leave
it at that.

I have a batch file named X.bat....see it below:

x.bat
-------
exit
arachne
-------
end of x.bat

When I type "X", then I get Arachne whether
I used ALT-E or ALT-X to reach a DOS prompt.

Eric