[arachne] Arachne and packet drivers

  • From: Stegozor <stegozor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 05:39:04 +0100

Hi everyone,

I installed the latest Arachne under Windows Millennium, and it seems to work fine. The only problem (and it is a problem) is that I can't tell Arachne that my computer is properly connected.

I cannot connect yet because I couldn't find the right packet driver for my 3Com Etherlink XL 10/100 PCI TX NIC (3C905B-TX) network interface card (nic) so far.
Worse, ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/nic/3c90x/3c90xpkt.txt says "this packet
driver will not work for the 3C90XB NICs such as the 3C905B-TX"...

Is there an easy workaround or do I have to change my nic ?

As a secondary question, could someone have a look at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.msdos.general/4780/focus=4780 please ? I was about to try the same under Ubuntu 6.06/dosemu, but Murphy ruled there too. If someone using dosemu could help, it would be nice.

TIA.
--
Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --