[arachne] Re: Arachne and packet drivers

  • From: Stegozor <stegozor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:26:01 +0100

Udo Kuhnt wrote:

Just tried: exactly the same result than with dosemu "Error: No EISA nor
PCI bus were found." (interestingly, Arachne works fine under dosbox,
but I couldn't get online). So dudes, are you all under Windows or
stand-alone DOS when using Arachne? No one under Linux and a dos emulator?

I have never used Arachne in anything but DOS. May I ask why you want to
run Arachne in an emulator in Linux instead of simply running it in DOS?

Because I'm a noob and I partitioned my hard drive stupidly when I switched to GNU/Linux nearly three months ago. When I'll have the courage, I'll repartition it and then install FreeDOS. In the meanwhile, I wanted to make Arachne work under dosemu, just as a hobby.

Yesterday, in the mailing-list of dosemu I've been told that Chapter 15 of /doc/readme.txt in the source of dosemu 1.3.4 explains how to get online under dosemu. But it seems a bit complicated, not to say a masochist speciality :) Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --