[amayausers] Re: Lemon

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:59:10 -0600

Kesavan,
When Sharon and I received our very first Amaya---2001---we had some serious
problems with it. It was a new embroidery design and concept back then, and
regrettably had some growing pains. Our frustration with this machine is
what led me to get involved in becoming a tech. This also let me see just
how serious Melco is in treating all their customer right. But, Melco is a
business and when a problem machine has been brought to their attention, it
is only prudent business on their part, to identify just exactly what is
going on and exhaust all avenues before a recall on that machine canor will
be made. Melco worked very hard to rectify all the issues for everyone
involved. Believe me they felt everyone's frustrations, but doggedly pursued
the issues and worked hard to resolve them. Since then, over the past years,
as a sub-contracted third party tech, I have watched Melco as they have
continuously improved the product, being in this case the AMAYA.

Melco does not pay me to say good things about them or their products. I
only go by what experiences I have personally had with them and with the
customers that I have serviced for them. I can truthfully say, there has not
been one time that Melco has not come through for the customer---not once.
Many times it was the customer who was at fault for the machine failure and
Melco has still went the extra mile for them. That statement was not in any
way directed at you personally. I don't have enough information to make any
kind of a diagnosis as to what is wrong with your Amaya and do not know
everything in-depth, that has been tried to this point.

What I do know is that the Amaya is a very good product. It is a very
technical and highly sophisticated machine and as so, has a definite
learning curve attached to it. But having said that, it is a "machine."
Unfortunately in today's world, the more sophisticated and technical our
machines become, the higher the risk is that our newly acquired "prize"
possession will or may have a problem now and again.

I know , as you noted, that you have a business to run and also as you
noted, you don't want to play embroidery machine mechanic, and I do know
that these issues can be a frustrating experience. Where is your closest
machine tech located in your area?

I personally have only seen one machine that needed to be recalled to the
factory. Melco treated this customer very well. I will say that this
particular customer even with all the frustration leading up to this recall,
was very patient, not happy about the situation of course, but gracious and
patient and the issue was resolved and everything worked out for the better.
He also never bad mouthed the machine, although he did have some pet names
for it, but he understood that the machine is just that , a "machine", and
machines can be fixed and if that was not possible, he had the faith to
believe Melco would do right by him, and they did........

I don't normally get involved in these discussions but your frustration is
obvious and I just needed to give you an additional insight from another
point of view. If you will just be patient and work through the issues that
you are experiencing with the machine, you will not be sorry in the long
run.

I have every confidence that Melco will do right by you......

Rod Springer

Rod & Sharon Springer
Embroidery Cottage
Melco Amaya Technician & Trainers