[amayausers] Re: Lemon

  • From: Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 01:32:13 -0600

Anand

This might be a real good time for Melco to come through with a quick
solution to you Amaya problems.

 From what I have read:

1) your new machine has been down 5 times in less than 6 months. I don't
think any of us could honestly say we would be happy with that. We've
had our machine for almost 4 years now and it was down once for one day
two weeks after we bought it [faulty part from factory]. The dealer /
tech came out and quickly and had us going again .... at no cost to us.

2) your machine continues to have problems even after numerous "fixes".
The term "lemon" certainly may apply to your machine and I don't think
any of us would want to trade machines with you. Nor do I think Melco
would like to use your Amaya for a floor or show demo machine.

3) considering that a "down" machine is costing an embroiderer money,
neither your distributor nor Melco seem to be interested in resolving
the problems quickly. I  know you have other machines so your business
does not come to a complete stand still but you did buy the Amaya to
work and if its not doing its job, then it is losing money. Don't know
the distributor in Australia but I believe there are some very good
Melco people at this end .... hope they realize how frustrating it can
be to have a machine that is down [in your case, many times] and come up
with a solution.

4) you get a promise of solving your machine problems IF you sign a "non
disclosure statement" which effectively would stop you from posting
about future Amaya problems. In all honesty, that sounds more like
blackmail than someone who would like to help their customer. Signing
that document also opens the doors for Melco to take you to court in the
future if they believe you are not living up to the terms of the
agreement. I certainly wouldn't sign something like that but then again,
maybe that's just me.

I think most in this group know I do not own an Amaya. I have looked at
the machine a number of times and joined this group to find out more
about the Amaya. Contrary to what some may think, I am not here to bash
the machine or company ..... but if I see things that I personally don't
like, I will likely say something. Sometimes I'm right .... sometimes
I'm wrong.

Bob

..