[amayausers] Re: Lemon

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:49:11 -0400

Hallejuhah!
Thank you, Edna, Anand, and others...FINALLY...I realize that we were
not alone in thinking we had made the biggest commercial investment
mistake in our lives!
Pretty much every problem you all have described, from delivery to
sewouts is what we went through...2 years of hell with the machine.
No response from the salesman at all-he left us high and dry with a
load of cr#p promises...no service tech (until we found Dick up
north) and no help from other techs...everything was OPERATOR ERROR.
Even after training, still not working right. Job after job rejected,
hours to sewout simple stuff-hats an impossibility.
And return it? Not going to happen-we got the same line..."no one
ever returns an Amaya".
And during the TWO YEARS we fought over and over with different Melco
people (yes, there were SOME times we could talk to someone that
understood and tried to help-over the phone) we had to pick up the
extended warranty, just in case we had problems.
Amazing- 2 weeks later, a LOCAL TECH, not an HOUR away all these
years...showed up to give the machine a once over to start the
warranty. TWO YEARS of our problems and complaints, and WE were never
told, and HE was never told that we were so close together.
Eight hours of work later, he had it running like a dream. Operator
error? NOPE...misalignment, loose parts, cables, etc....all added up
to faulty machine.
Now it runs fine...
if MELCO had listened to us, like they SHOULD listen to ALL
customers, and get a service rep out there immediately... things
would be better for everyone!

Roland