[yunqa.de] Re: XE2 upgrade 3 install problem

  • From: "Jon Burnham" <jba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:33:45 -0000

Hi Ralf

Thank you so much for replying, on a Sunday AND Christmas day too - that's
support!!!

Here is the message, not very informative:

[Window Title]
Information

[Content]
Unable to install package C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD
Studio\9.0\Bpl\DISQLite3_DXE2.bpl.

[OK]

Ignore the email about it being a permissions/read-only problem. I was being
stupid. But as I said, I can only install one package and the others refuse
to install (with the message above). Tried removing the packages, cleaning
the installation directories, deleting the install files, unzipping anew and
removing the .bpls/dcps - has no effect. I have tried overriding the default
user/.bpl directory - no difference. The paths are OK because I can run each
package in its own right if it is installed.

It does not matter about the sequence of installs (Disqlite3/reg-ex/parser),
it only allows one package and the rest fail with the message above. I am
sure that it is simple and I am missing something. No other manual install
of other 3rd party stuff is causing me this grief.

I have got to the point where I cannot see the wood for the trees. Wondered
whether it is interacting with something else ?

Here is my environment XE2/Ent/ Update 3 - W7 32 ultimate. Running 'Jon' &
'administrator' as 2 admin accounts, normally in 'Jon'.

Gexperts
TMS software
Raize controls
Quantum grid
MyDAC

Just noticed these are greyed out in my library path as non-existent. But
this is a new install and have not had a problem with other add-ins.

$(BDS)\include
$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports
$(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release

Can't think of anything else. I suspect it is me, after all it is the season
to be a bit mad.

Kind regards & danke

Jon