[yunqa.de] Re: SQLiteSpy: reload extensions on restart | Keep editor open

  • From: "Tom Holden" <ve3meo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:18:02 -0500

Thanks again, Ralf. I have SQLiteSpy in C:\Program Files (x86)\SQLite. Spy was not giving any error message so I was unaware of the access problem. Granted full rights to users and now the SQLiteSpy.db3 is being written. Great!

I can see that some who switch among different kinds of databases would want to have the SQL editor close with the database so that they don't get mixed up. My usage is almost always with the same kind of database so having the editor persist through db closing and opening is desirable. That seems to be the behaviour of other SQLite managers I use with some frequency, even to the extent of remembering what was in the editor from session to session. Anyway, the option you suggest as a solution would answer the needs of these two different usages. I'm looking forward to it.

I already rank SQLiteSpy the highest among my favourite SQLite managers for what I do. I complement it with the strengths of others - for heavy intermediate or final result sets that bog Spy down, I turn to others that have some sort of sliding buffer but, for smaller sets, Spy's all-in-memory approach and display is faster and more convenient. And I will use a third one for SQL formatting (have not found such a utility for or in a text editor that supports SQLite3 - know of any?).

Cheers!

Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Delphi Inspiration
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 4:54 AM
On 19.12.2011 05:41, Tom Holden wrote:

SQLiteSpy stores all options, including extensions, in the file
SQLiteSpy.db3 in the same folder where SQLiteSpy.exe is located.

Maybe this file is not writable on your system?

In early versions, SQLiteSpy kept editor windows open when closing a
database, but this was confusing to some users who requested to close
them with the database. Interestingly, you are now asking for the
opposite behavior. It now seems to me like this could best be optional?
I will look into it when I next work on SQLiteSpy.