[windows2000] Re: MS Messenger

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:00:51 +0100

Ray Costanzo <> wrote on Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:49 PM:

Not my employees, my users! Anyway, I dun't really know what they want, all I
hear is "we want Messenger!". I assume this is mainly for intradeptartment,
but can't rule out connecting to the outside just yet.

As ever, this can't cost a penny. I assume R2 is commercial?

This all got started with my boss wanting to use Marratech to have a
vid-conference and sharing docs with an indian co-research colleaugue. Turns
out the indian it-dept didn't allow Marratech in or out through their
firewalls, so that got botched. Skype seemed too insecure. The indian guy
suggested googletalk, but I objected to that on the security part.

Then we settled on looking into something common like Messenger and that's
where I am today.

Thx for your feedback, I appreciate that!