[windows2000] Re: Announcing beta release of Windows Vista SP1!

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:39:27 -0700

Actually I when I got the Business version and installed it, I was
pleasantly surprised that I actually liked it. It took me awhile to let
go of W2K in favor of XP, but once I did, there was no looking back! :-)

Sure there are a couple of things that I didn't like, such as, I now
have to go out and buy a more expensive sound card because SB doesn't
support the Live 5.1 card any more, thus no Vista drivers. I like Kerio
firewall, but it won't install under Vista so I have to use Zone Alarm.
:-O

I have also found that Vista likes it better if you install it on a
primary (active) partition when dual booting. :-(  XP is the primary OS
on this machine and since I have sound card issues, I have to keep XP
because that is where my games are located! :-) The overall speed though
is what REALLY surprised me though. I have 2gb of ram so that helps a
LOT, and I haven't tried the ready boost feature, but that's suppose to
speed things up too from what I heard.

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:19:32 -0400, "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com"
<jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx> came up with this: