[windows2000] Re: Announcing beta release of Windows Vista SP1!

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:00:42 +0200

Charles R. Buchanan <> wrote on Monday, October 01, 2007 8:35 PM:

Difficult to say really. The max RAM my high-end machines have is 2GB RAM, be
it 32 or 64b OS:es.

The thing to try would IMO be to go with a 32b Windows-flavour (depending on
your gaming habits) and a 64b Linux distro (CentOS!).

Or just go 64b all the way. I've tried some older games like Dungeon Siege on
my XP 64b system and haven't had any problems.

The advantage with going all-64b is that you won't have to unplug RAM should
problems arise. Really, it's difficult to go wrong with 64b OS, unless you use
some software that absolutely positively need a 32b OS.

<mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vista

Service Pack
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb738089.aspx