[windows2000] Re: Announcing beta release of Windows Vista SP1!

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 03:58:14 -0700

The new machine max is 8GB. The problem(s) I have heard about going with
64bit is the drivers more so than the application compatibility.

Having invested in 32bit OS'es (XP and Vista), it wouldn't be
financially wise to drop them for a 64bit version. Maybe way down the
road!

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:00:42 +0200, "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> came
up with this:

> Charles R. Buchanan <> wrote on Monday, October 01, 2007 8:35 PM:
>
> Difficult to say really. The max RAM my high-end machines have is 2GB RAM, be
> it 32 or 64b OS:es.
>
> The thing to try would IMO be to go with a 32b Windows-flavour (depending on
> your gaming habits) and a 64b Linux distro (CentOS!).
>
> Or just go 64b all the way. I've tried some older games like Dungeon Siege on
> my XP 64b system and haven't had any problems.
>
> The advantage with going all-64b is that you won't have to unplug RAM should
> problems arise. Really, it's difficult to go wrong with 64b OS, unless you use
> some software that absolutely positively need a 32b OS.

Jesus Christ: "There is no surer proof of Christ's divinity than that he is
still so hated
some two thousand years after his death."