[visionegg] Re: movies on windows again

  • From: "Ted Strauss" <ted.strauss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:52:51 -0500

Hi Andrew,
I am Jim's programmer with a quick follow-up question about this.
Is there any special un-install procedure I should do before
installing the "bleeding edge" VE release?
Do you have any other tips or code samples for playing QT
movies in windows.  Otherwise, I'll just use the same code
that works fine on my Mac.
Thanks
Ted

On 1/21/07, Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Jim,

Back in April I got QuickTime to work in Windows, but I haven't made an
"official" release since then, partly because I haven't tested the new
QuickTime code with Mac OS X. (I'm getting my first Intel Mac soon, so,
with Parallels and/or Boot Camp, I should have much lower activation
energy for testing on Windows, Mac OS X, and linux very soon now. 99% of
the time I'm in front of a computer, it's running Ubuntu linux these
days.)

You can download the "bleeding edge" Windows release, with working
QuickTime from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=40846&package_id=73479&release_id=138543