[visionegg] Re: movies on windows again

  • From: "Ted Strauss" <ted.strauss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:56:53 -0500

Hi,
After updating the version of quicktime
on my Win2k, movies have played without
any problem in VE.  I'm sure Andrew and Mikko
are correct that VE should work with any codec
compatible with quicktime.
Cheers,
Ted

On 1/25/07, Mikko Vähäsöyrinki <mikko.vahasoyrinki@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I bugged Andrew last year to write the support for playing movies in
Windows
(thank you) and I've had it working ever since. I didn't have coded
problems
and I would like to repeat what Andrew said before: if it works with
quicktime player, it should work with the VisioEgg. Actually only surprise
for me was how much computer power is needed to show full screen movies
with
high frame rates...

Cheers,
Mikko

Academy Research Fellow
Dr. Mikko Vähäsöyrinki
University of Oulu
Department of Physical Sciences
Division of Biophysics, PO.BOX 3000
90014 Oulun yliopisto, Finland
Phone: +358-8-553 1110Mobile: +358-45-114 9188