[visionegg] Re: movies on windows again

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:12:53 -0800

Dear Ted,

The code is supposed to work identically to the Mac code. The quicktime demo code in the demo directory should work. I'm wondering if there's an issue playing that particular movie with QuickTime. Does your movie work in the normal QuickTime player? Does the VE quicktime demo work with the standard VE quicktime movie?

-Andrew

Ted Strauss wrote:
Hi Andrew,
I've installed the bleeding edge windows release,
and am attempting to play an mpeg movie.

At this line:
movie = new_movie_from_filename(mov_file)

I get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\tedstrauss\Desktop\Experiments\Kidlex\VisionEgg Script 01182007B\kidlex.py", line 425, in ? movie = new_movie_from_filename(mov_file) # movie is type Carbon.Qt.Movie File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\qtmovie.py", line 54, in new_movie_from_filename qtlowlevel.NewMovieFromProperties( moviePropCount, movieProps, 0, None, ctypes.byref(theMovie)) File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\qtlowlevel.py", line 112, in CheckOSStatus
    raise qtlowlevelError(GetErrorString(value))
qtlowlevelError: paramErr

Any ideas?

On 1/21/07, *Andrew Straw* < astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Dear Jim,

    Back in April I got QuickTime to work in Windows, but I haven't
    made an
    "official" release since then, partly because I haven't tested the new
    QuickTime code with Mac OS X. (I'm getting my first Intel Mac
    soon, so,
    with Parallels and/or Boot Camp, I should have much lower activation
    energy for testing on Windows, Mac OS X, and linux very soon now.
    99% of
    the time I'm in front of a computer, it's running Ubuntu linux
    these days.)

    You can download the "bleeding edge" Windows release, with working
    QuickTime from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=40846&package_id=73479&release_id=138543