[visionegg] Re: movies on windows again

  • From: John Christie <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:14:24 -0400

On Jan 24, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Ted Strauss wrote:

Hi Andrew,
I just managed to get the movie to play in Windows Vision Egg.
For reference, here's what I did to make it work:
1. installed the "bleeding edge" version of Vision Egg installed
   on Win XP side of an intel mac.
2. I converted our original mpeg movie into a quick time mov file,
   with the "photo - jpeg" codec.  The default .mov codec did not
   work.
3. I used the VE quicktime demo, and ran it from the command
   line, with the mov file name as argument.

What exactly is that .mov codec (there is no such thing as a default one)?