[visionegg] Re: movies on windows again

  • From: "Ted Strauss" <ted.strauss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:53:50 -0500

Hi Andrew,
I just managed to get the movie to play in Windows Vision Egg.
For reference, here's what I did to make it work:
1. installed the "bleeding edge" version of Vision Egg installed
  on Win XP side of an intel mac.
2. I converted our original mpeg movie into a quick time mov file,
  with the "photo - jpeg" codec.  The default .mov codec did not
  work.
3. I used the VE quicktime demo, and ran it from the command
  line, with the mov file name as argument.

Thanks for your help!

The code is supposed to work identically to the Mac code. The quicktime
demo code in the demo directory should work. I'm wondering if there's an
issue playing that particular movie with QuickTime. Does your movie work
in the normal QuickTime player? Does the VE quicktime demo work with the
standard VE quicktime movie?

-Andrew

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=40846&package_id=73479&release_id=138543

<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=40846&package_id=73479&release_id=138543

>     Jim Magnuson wrote:
>     > Hi, all
>     >
>     > I tried quicktime as suggested, but can't get it to work in
Windows.