[visionegg] Re: movies on windows again

  • From: "Ted Strauss" <ted.strauss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:31:01 -0500

Hi, to clarify #2 below:
The movie I start with is a mpeg.
In the standard Quicktime on Mac OS X 10.4,
I use the export function to create a .mov file.
In the options, I choose the "photo - jpeg" codec.
This setting is also called "compression type".
I make no other changes to the settings.
(If I don't change the codec, some other codec
get's used... but I don't much about codecs.
Why do I use "photo - jpeg"? because this is
the one I found in the properties of Andrew's
water.mov that is included with his demo.)
Windows quicktime may not be the same as
Mac quicktime... so the procedure may differ
in windows.
I hope this helps.
Ted

On 1/24/07, John Christie <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 24, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Ted Strauss wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
> I just managed to get the movie to play in Windows Vision Egg.
> For reference, here's what I did to make it work:
> 1. installed the "bleeding edge" version of Vision Egg installed
>    on Win XP side of an intel mac.
> 2. I converted our original mpeg movie into a quick time mov file,
>    with the "photo - jpeg" codec.  The default .mov codec did not
>    work.
> 3. I used the VE quicktime demo, and ran it from the command
>    line, with the mov file name as argument.

What exactly is that .mov codec (there is no such thing as a default
one)?