[visionegg] Re: movies on windows again

  • From: "Ted Strauss" <ted.strauss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:11:53 -0500

Hi Andrew,
I've installed the bleeding edge windows release,
and am attempting to play an mpeg movie.

At this line:
movie = new_movie_from_filename(mov_file)

I get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Documents and
Settings\tedstrauss\Desktop\Experiments\Kidlex\VisionEgg Script
01182007B\kidlex.py", line 425, in ?
   movie = new_movie_from_filename(mov_file) # movie is type
Carbon.Qt.Movie
 File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\qtmovie.py", line 54, in
new_movie_from_filename
   qtlowlevel.NewMovieFromProperties( moviePropCount, movieProps, 0, None,
ctypes.byref(theMovie))
 File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\qtlowlevel.py", line 112, in
CheckOSStatus
   raise qtlowlevelError(GetErrorString(value))
qtlowlevelError: paramErr

Any ideas?

On 1/21/07, Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Jim,

Back in April I got QuickTime to work in Windows, but I haven't made an
"official" release since then, partly because I haven't tested the new
QuickTime code with Mac OS X. (I'm getting my first Intel Mac soon, so,
with Parallels and/or Boot Camp, I should have much lower activation
energy for testing on Windows, Mac OS X, and linux very soon now. 99% of
the time I'm in front of a computer, it's running Ubuntu linux these
days.)

You can download the "bleeding edge" Windows release, with working
QuickTime from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=40846&package_id=73479&release_id=138543