[triadtechtalk] Re: Tiny Personal Firewall

  • From: RPRKOCVGGPED@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:09:53 -0700

From: Rebecca Davis

> --from Rebecca Davis <davisrb@xxxxxxxxxx>--
> --reply triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> ***  Triad Tech Talk
> (www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=triadtechtalk) ***
>

> David, I have never downloaded anything from windowsupdate.com. Are these
> things free? If I go to the site and browse the catalog as it suggests,
> should I feel comfortable to only download the things it
> suggests?  Rebecca

Everything from www.windowsupdate.com is free. Additionally, some of the
fixes are highly recommended. However, if you are using the Critical Update
Notification tool, you may already have those fixes.

Basically, every time Microsoft creates a new piece of free software,
updates an old piece of free software, or creates a bug fix or enhancement
for their software that doesn't warrant an entire new version, they put it
on www.windowsupdate.com. It is recommended that you visit it regularly and
download anything labeled "critical", which is the top of the list.

David Nasset, Sr.