[torontocbm] Re: Improving Intec LCD.

  • From: "Miraglia, Walter" <Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 22:35:01 -0500

One thing I did notice with the 9.2" (plastic packaging) vs the 10.2 (cardboard
packaging)
The 10.2" would except a composite video signal without chroma mixed into the
signal, and it looked pretty good
In black and white (gray scales...) So those of you with DTV1 who decide to
remove the chroma from the signal ( or put it on a switch,
So you can remove it when programming, and put it back on for apps...) you may
find the 10.2" better as it is capable
Of displaying the black and white image.

The 9.2" screen is unable to lock onto the video without the chroma portion, it
appears as though it
Does not like it...

I tried it with the svideo input as well, and if I remove the chroma rca from
the svideo cable I created,
The picture flashes on and off, with no signal displayed as it flashes...

So the the 10" screen seems to be more "hearty" and accepting of non standard
signals...

On my ipod, I changed the signal to pall to see if it would accept it, and it
did,
But it was not very stable...

I may return one of the 9.2" screens for a 10" tomorrow ... so I have one of
each...

Use the 9.2 for my Commodore 64C and a DTV2/3 ( should I be so lucky enough to
get one...)
And use the 10.2 for DTV1 so I can cut the croma out should I need to...

More food for thought...

I thought about putting the chroma on a pot and gradually adding it to the luma
For the composite input of the 9.2" monitor...
To see when the picture stabilizes ....  (or I may just return the one, and use
that...)

:) looking to find a balance of stability  with just a hint of color...