[THIN] Office and legalities

  • From: "Beckett, William \(Bill\)" <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:02:55 -0400

Can I get some people to weigh in on the following scenario? -

With a published application environment, you can restrict who gets
access to what. If you don't want someone running office on a Citrix
box, then you can prevent them from running Office on a Citrix box. So
let's say I have 5 MS office 2003 licenses. I install it and publish it
for 5 users in the farm. Am I legal within those boundaries from a
Microsoft licensing perspective? Enviroment is Win2003 TS with PS 4.0