[THIN] Re: Office and legalities

  • From: Jez <jezosaurus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:21:51 +0200

I think not. I had a similar query about 2 years ago. The response I
got from licensing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx was "no - Office is a per user
license, not a per concurrent user license", so you need a license for
each user who uses office. Note, certain licenses allow you to have
office installed on more than 1 PC, provided you only use 1 at a time.

For a definate answer, send you query to: licensing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 9/29/06, Beckett, William (Bill) <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can I get some people to weigh in on the following scenario? -

With a published application environment, you can restrict who gets access
to what. If you don't want someone running office on a Citrix box, then you
can prevent them from running Office on a Citrix box. So let's say I have 5
MS office 2003 licenses. I install it and publish it for 5 users in the
farm. Am I legal within those boundaries from a Microsoft licensing
perspective? Enviroment is Win2003 TS with PS 4.0