[THIN] Re: Office and legalities

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:43:00 -0400

This stuff really shouldn't be a surprise for home users.  Did anyone really
expect any different?  The user/device has to be licensed to use office.
I'm not sure why everyone is surprised by any of this.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 9/29/06, Matthew Shrewsbury <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I spoke to Microsoft about this and they where even more particular about this. They said the home version had to be the same version (Standard/Pro)and had to be the same license model E.G Open Business. Of course most people with home computers are going to have OEM or Retail. They said they did make exceptions for one time uses at Kiosks.

Network Manager