[TechAssist] Re: Digital camera preferences? (wifey awaits!)

  • From: "Rob Svilpa" <robesv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:23:49 -0700

I bought the Sony MVCCD250 2 Mpix w. CD-R. It's been a very good camera
for us, as it does mpeg audio/video as well as exceptional quality still
photos. I bought the camera just before the birth of our first child and
brought it into the delivery room to get the first moments out of the
womb. With the CD-R those pictures and videos are now archived, and the
USB port allowed me to post the pictures online within hours of the
birth for family around the world.

Number of pictures were totally dependent on the resolution, but you can
carry around extra minidisks and get something like 80 pictures at full
available resolution per disk with the number going up the lower the
resolution you choose. The disks are a lot cheaper than flash RAM and
much less subject to static. To print them at your photo place keep the
highest resolution but for your photo printer at home you can drop the
resolution and get decent pics.=20