[sugpro] Re: Verifying Motor Performance Through Flight Tests

  • From: "Andrej Vrbec" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "andre09091978@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:53:06 +0000 (UTC)

Air density was routinely measured in 50's and 60's by a falling sphere method.
See here for example:
http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/70398/JAPIAU-27-7-706-1.pdf?sequence=2&isAllowed=y
 Andrej
On 2015-02-23 16:27, Michael Monteith wrote:> Com on. Keep up. lol It's really
just figuring out what it would> take to determine motor performance> through
actually flight testing. I do like your idea though. Just> measure things like
temperature,> humidity, and pressure on the way down so you can correct for air
density. > > Thanks Shawn> Michael>
shawn.mchatten@xxxxxxxxxxx <shawn.mchatten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > Subject:
[sugpro] Re: Verifying Motor Performance Through Flight Tests> To:
sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Monday, February 23, 2015, 3:54 PM> > > Not sure
I'm following all this conversation but> instead of a balloon can you gather
data from a parachute> recovery on the way DOWN instead of on the way up to>
establish air density etc. For that matter are there any> papers that show air
density or viscosity based on a> specific parachute and mass configuration. If
not that would> be a cool standard to create for the community.> > Shawn