[sugpro] Re: Verifying Motor Performance Through Flight Tests

  • From: "Michael Monteith" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "michael_r_monteith@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:27:32 -0800

Com on.  Keep up. lol  It's really just figuring out what it would take to
determine motor performance
through actually flight testing.   I do like your idea though.  Just measure
things like temperature,
humidity, and pressure on the way down so you can correct for air density.

Thanks Shawn
Michael

 Subject: [sugpro] Re: Verifying Motor Performance Through Flight Tests
 To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Monday, February 23, 2015, 3:54 PM

 Not sure I'm following all this conversation but
 instead of a balloon can you gather data from a parachute
 recovery on the way DOWN instead of on the way up to
 establish air density etc. For that matter are there any
 papers that show air density or viscosity based on a
 specific parachute and mass configuration. If not that would
 be a cool standard to create for the community.

 Shawn