Re: [steem] Processors

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steem Discussion" <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:50:25 +0100

Hi,

> first I wish to thank you for the best ATARI emulator I've ever seen!
>
> But I have a question: I noticed that the processor steem emulates is an
68000. Will you (maybe in the later future) support other processors like
68020?

> The reason for this question is that linux for ATARI just needs one ....

We can't really emulate the 020 without emulating the rest of the hardware
in one of the computers that had 020 compatible processors. Programs will
get very confused if they find an 020 inside an STE, I doubt many would work
at all.

Sincerely,
Russell Hayward

--