Re: [steem] Processors

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steem Discussion" <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:32:16 +0100

Hi Summa,

> Well, actually most of the newer ST applications are able use the
> additional address space and therefore the RAM and virtual memory an
> 68030 would mean.

But quite a few might want to use the newer hardware too. Can you name a few
programs that require an 030 processor and will definitely run on an 030
processor machine without TT/Falcon hardware?

> I don't think the Windows alternatives are that much better, lots of
> ST software were very well programmed and hardly crashed...
> But this is your decision and even if I would have the better
> arguments it's your software so I don't mind if you're not willing or
> interested in this, since it's your free time you would have to
> spend. So far I still got no mail from that friend who'd probably be
> able to provide me with the patched TOS-Version...

I think there are much higher priorities, mainly fixing all the programs
that don't work on Steem and do on an STE, but also netplay, loads of
improvements to XSteem and lots of other new features.

> Btw. if you interested in emulate more colors I found a page with a
> free ET4000 VDI-Driver for STs...
> I could mail the programmer and ask if he's willing to share the
> source code...
>
> http://www.tm.uka.de/~harbaum/atari/stga.html

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Best wishes,